- Title: RUSSIA: Russians search for UFO at world deepest lake
- Date: 1st August 2012
- Summary: LAPTOP SCREEN SHOWING "UFO SEARCH" LOGO
- Embargoed: 16th August 2012 13:00
- Location: Russian Federation
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Quirky,Science,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky,Space
- Reuters ID: LVA6RVGLO6FBGZE5UURXPCXM74DR
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A "UFO search" expedition travels from Russia's Far East to lake Baikal trying to find and film aliens.
A group of UFO enthusiasts gathered on the shore of Russia's Lake Baikal on Tuesday (July 31) to search the sky above the world's deepest lake for flying saucers.
The group, consisting of approximately 50 participants, set up tents on the southern end of Lake Baikal as part of an event they've named the 'Trans-Eurasian UFO-Search expedition'.
The UFO enthusiasts were drawn to lake Baikal, as locals had reported on the alleged increase of strange objects sightings there.
"Here, in 1958 there was an TU-154 airplane crash. There were some reports from the locals that a UFO pursued the air craft till it reached Baikal waters right here. And there were frequent reports of UFO activity around Baikal. So this is the reason why we decided to meet here. I hope that we will be lucky enough to shoot something interesting," one of the expedition participants Vladimir Kuznetsov told Reuters.
The group members use photo and video cameras to capture unusual activity in the sky.
Kuznetsov has made his own device for capturing UFO activity, which he claims monitors radiation, and infrared emission.
"This is a radiation warning device, and our new device made in Irkutsk, so far in one copy, - a universal abnormal activity detector. It measures infrared emission, electric fields and magnetic fields. (With this device) we can monitor the sky, the objects there and can estimate them depending on the levels of the indicators," Kuznetsov said.
Two expedition members - Anastasia and Andrey Chernobrov - claimed to have captured a UFO sighting on camera during the expedition.
"At first the object did not move, but it had a peculiar glow, flashing with different colours - blue, red, yellow, green... We started watching it, and a few minutes afterwards the object began to move chaotically, not like a helicopter, or a plane, or any other terrestrial machine which can fly," Chernobrov said.
The expedition, one of the biggest of the kind in the recent years, includes a cross-country trip.
The expedition members started searching for UFO's in the beginning of July on Russky Island in the Sea of Japan off Russia's Vladivostok. The next stop in the group's planned itinerary is Novosibirsk, and they are expected finish their expedition in Moscow in September.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.