- Title: IRAQ: IRAQI FIREFIGHTERS TACKLE FIRE AT BAGHDAD PETROL STATION
- Date: 2nd April 2003
- Summary: (W7) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (APRIL 2, 2003) (REUTERS) VARIOUS, IRAQI FIREFIGHTERS HOSING FIRE AT BAGHDAD PETROL STATION/ PAN TO FIRE ENGINES (4 SHOTS( SLV FIREFIGHTERS MOVING HOSE AWAY FROM BUILDING SLV IRAQI FIRE ENGINE TRUCK DRIVING AWAY SLV MECHANICAL DIGGER TEARING DOWN WALL OF BURNING BUILDING; FIREFIGHTERS HOSING FLAMES (2 SHOTS) SLV FIREFIGHTERS TACKLING FIRE / HOLDING UP WATER HOSE VARIOUS, FIREFIGHTERS USING WATER HOSE AROUND PALM TREES (5 SHOTS)
- Embargoed: 17th April 2003 13:00
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: Disasters / Accidents / Natural catastrophes
- Reuters ID: LVA9BRC55B0JKUWKEWUUA7Z0BGMM
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Iraqi firefighters were filmed putting out a fire at a petrol station in Baghdad on Wednesday (April 2).
Reuters correspondents in Baghdad said on Friday (April 4, 2003) residents were tense and fearful, gripped by a sense of impending crisis. Many stayed indoors, while knots of armed militiamen guarded the streets.
Thousands of U.S.-led ground forces are moving towards the Iraqi capital after a 16-day-long aerial assault. Baghdad is now in range of the rockets and artillery of U.S. forces who have driven over 500 km (300 miles) from Kuwait.
The city lost power on Thursday night for the first time in the war although some supplies came back on Friday. The United States denied targeting the electricity network.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None