- Title: USA: Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias announce plans for a summer tour
- Date: 1st May 2012
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 30, 2012) (REUTERS) WIDE SHOT OF MEDIA CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) YANDEL SAYING ABOUT THE TOUR, SAYING: "Well, we are always nervous. But, if you are not nervous, it means that you don't want to be here. It is always good to be a little nervous because once you get to the stage you forget everything else."
- Embargoed: 16th May 2012 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts
- Reuters ID: LVA9X4TVP0U94SEZX8I7VXXYR577
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Pop and Latin music stars Enrique Iglesias and Jennifer Lopez announced in Los Angeles on Monday (April 30) plans for a world tour that will take place this summer.
The announcement for the tour came at the trendy "Boulevard 3" nightclub on Sunset, which was packed with fans hoping to get close to their favorite singers.
"We have all the creative control to make it what I think and I am speaking for myself, what my fans want to see, the songs they want to hear, the dances that they want to see and to take it another level," explained Lopez, who seemed to be having fun answering questions shouted from her fans at the conference. "This is the first time that I have been on a world tour ever."
JLo added that she won't be alone, with plans to take her children on the road with her.
"Obviously we are going in the summer, they will not be school at that time so they are going to come with mommy on tour," explained Lopez.
"I don't know how that is all going to work, this is my first time. They will be on the bus with me and it will be a learning experience for both of us. Luckily, there is always Grandma's house if they get really tired and stir crazy. They can go visit Grandma and then come back."
Iglesias added that he expects to be a bit nervous, especially when the leg of the tour heads closer to home.
"It is going to be interesting since I have not been to Spain in 12 years," said Iglesias, who's sold more than 70 million albums during his career. "I am very nervous, it is my hometown, it is where I was born, it will be one of those very nerve wracking shows."
The Latino rap duo, Wisin Y Yandel will also be part of the summer tour that is scheduled to hit nearly 20 cities nationwide starting July 14, kicking off in Montreal.
Additional tour dates are expected to be added to the list that already includes stops in Boston, New York and Los Angeles cities.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None