- Title: USA: FASHION: SPRING 2003 COLLECTIONS
- Date: 19th September 2002
- Summary: MV DESIGNER ZAC POSEN BEING INTERVIEWED (SOUNDBITE) (English) DESIGNER ZAC POSEN SAYING "It's about creating what the future of a lady is, and a modern lady and the future of a lady can be sexy and they can be almost anything they want to be, but being a lady it's about the manners that you have and a way that you treat other human beings and I think the clothing is giving in that way." VARIOUS OF MODELS BACKSTAGE AT EMILLIO CAVALLINI SHOW
- Embargoed: 4th October 2002 13:00
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Business,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVABVDYEOD0OGCLOSSBZO5SL9EY
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: American designer Zac Posen and Italian Designer Emillio Cavallini displayed their Spring 2003 collections on the catwalks of Seven on Sixth Fashion Week Thursday in New York City.
Models strutted their stuff at the Designers Zac Posen and Emillio Cavallini shows at New York's fashion week in Bryant Park.
Young American designer Zac Posen displayed his Spring 2003 Collection to a fashion-hungry crowd. The clothes were feminine with a touch of playful frivolity. Bright hues of scarlet, crystals and priodot littered the runway. Zebra stripes and full skirts with bustles and belts on the side completed the looks. The silhouettes were flirty and fresh with looks designed for the very confident woman.
Posner has a great regard for the women he designs for.
He said, "It's about creating what the future of a lady is, and a modern lady and the future of a lady can be sexy and they can be almost anything they want to be, but being a lady it's about the manners that you have and a way that you treat other human beings and I think the clothing is giving in that way."
Emillio Cavallini showed his 2003 Spring collection to an expectant crowd in Bryant Park. The designer made advances in technology by using a large cylinder machine to create seamless apparel for the body confident woman.
The styles were carefree and simple. Close-knit, body-hugging styles in a mix of hues and patterns adorned the runway. The hair was long, with curled extensions. The make-up was simple, yet elegant.
Cavallini designs for every woman, especially the woman who knows the look she is trying to achieve. He said, "The collection is a special collection, it is really born from all hosiery, big cylinder machinery it is designed on the computer translated to the machine and arrived to be one total look differently."
The Zac Posner and Emillio Cavallini shows are part of Seven on Sixth Fashion week which runs in New York until Monday, September 23.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None