- Title: ITALY: Italian and Russian Defence and Foreign Ministers hold talks in Rome
- Date: 6th August 2013
- Summary: ROME, ITALY (AUGUST 6, 2013) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF VILLA MADAMA, VENUE FOR ITALY-RUSSIA BILATERAL MEETINGS TOP RUSSIAN MILITARY OFFICERS ARRIVING WITH BRIEFCASES CARABINIERI OFFICER IN UNIFORM TOP ITALIAN NAVY OFFICERS ARRIVING ITALIAN DEFENCE MINISTER MARIO MAURO ARRIVING ITALIAN FOREIGN MINISTER EMMA BONINO ARRIVING RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER LAVROV ARRIVING AND BEING WELCOMED BY BONINO AND MAURO VARIOUS OF BONINO, MAURO, LAVROV AND SHOIGU POSING FOR PHOTOS AND SHAKING HANDS MINISTERS ENTERING BUILDING MINISTERS WALKING TO PODIUM FOR FAMILY PHOTO VARIOUS OF FAMILY PHOTO FOREIGN MINISTERS' ROUNDTABLE TALKS IN PROGRESS BONINO LAVROV MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 21st August 2013 13:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Politics
- Reuters ID: LVACM18R2Q5P25HU9E1XLJCIEJM6
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The foreign and defence ministers of Russia and Italy on Tuesday (August 6) held a half-day meeting at Rome's Renaissance Villa Madama, a hilltop venue used for international meetings and news conferences.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu were welcomed to the bi-lateral meeting by Italian Foreign Minister Emma Bonino and Defence Minister Mario Mauro.
The ministers posed for a family photo before sitting down for roundtable talks with their respective delegations.
No details of the topics of the talks were immediately available. A news conference is expected to follow the talks.
The meeting comes a day after rumours spread in the Italian capital of a visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin to meet with his long-time friend, former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi who last week convicted of tax fraud.
Putin's representatives later dismissed the suggestion.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None