- Title: Rock supergroup Dreamcar discuss their creation and No Doubt reunion
- Date: 11th May 2017
- Summary: WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 12, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) MUSICIAN TONY KANAL AND DAVEY HOVAK ON THE PROCESS OF THE BAND COMING TOGETHER SAYING: Tony Kanal: "Somehow over the last few years this kind of seed was planted and germinated and we had this thought like, 'Hey, let's go ask Davey if he'd be interested in working on some music with us,' and so we did just that. We invited him on a date, took him out to dinner, wined him, no, dined him, no wine... and he said yes and here we are" Reporter: "And how was it on the date?" Davey Hovak: "It was a great date, these guys are a great date, they took me to my favorite restaurant, Crossroads, they knew not to serve wine which I would have taken offense to and we would have actually fought in the restaurant which would have been very embarrassing because our friends own it, our mutual friends, and one against three is really unfair to put me in the position."
- Embargoed: 25th May 2017 22:36
- Keywords: AFI Davey Havok Tom Dumont Tony Kanal Kill For Candy album Dreamcar Gwen Stefani No Doubt Columbia Recrods Adrian Young
- Location: WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / FRANKFURT, GERMANY / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / FRANKFURT, GERMANY / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0086GEC4LP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The four members of new rock supergroup Dreamcar have been discussing how the band came about and a No Doubt reunion.
The band came together in the summer of 2014 when No Doubt's Tony Kanal [bass], Tom Dumont [guitar], and Adrian Young [drums] approached former AFI frontman, Davey Havok, to collaborate. They secretly started writing and demoing music together in a rehearsal space in downtown Los Angeles and, three years later, Dreamcar was revealed.
Their 80s-infused music, described as "a mixture of shimmering guitar tones, percussive slap bass, bombastic drums and neon-lit dance floor dreaminess," caught the attention of Columbia Records who are releasing the band's self-titled debut album on May 12, the morning after they perform their first single, Kill For Candy, on The Late Late Show with James Corden.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None