- Title: Outgoing French President Hollande leaves Elysee Palace
- Date: 14th May 2017
- Summary: MACRON WALKING UP STEPS TO PALACE TO MEET TROGNEUX VARIOUS OF MACRON AND TROGNEUX POSING OUTSIDE PALACE HOLLANDE'S CAR DRIVING ALONG STREET
- Embargoed: 28th May 2017 10:48
- Keywords: Brigitte Trogneux Elysee Palace France handover presidency Hollande Macron
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA0036GT84ZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART VIDEO QUALITY AS INCOMING
French President-elect Emmanuel Macron escorted his predecessor Francois Hollande out of the Elysee Palace on Sunday (May 14) after a handover of power.
On arriving for the ceremony at the 18th century palace, Macron, 39, a former investment banker and economy minister, held a private meeting with outgoing Socialist President Francois Hollande on state affairs, which included the transfer of access to France's nuclear missile launch codes.
62-year-old Hollande, who suffered low approval ratings and did not run for a second-term, has said he will be a "citizen of France" after his presidency. He will be heading a foundation called 'La France s'engage' (France Commits).
Macron becomes France's youngest post-war leader and the first to be born after 1958 when President Charles de Gaulle put in place the Fifth Republic.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None