- Title: 'The Emoji Movie' star makes a splash at Cannes
- Date: 16th May 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR T.J. MILLER SAYING: "So you know, it's just a nice way to make your children be quiet. But it really is for everybody. We were talking about that, again, the fact that parents and kids use emojis, and it's an international language that's used all over the world. I really think kids from the age of one year old to 73 will enjoy it, and then from 76 to however old. It's really just that 74-year-old, 75-year-old demographic that has tested poorly and will not enjoy the film."
- Embargoed: 30th May 2017 18:32
- Keywords: stunt TJ Miller Emoji movie Cannes film festival
- Location: VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS/ CANNES, FRANCE
- City: VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS/ CANNES, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0096H364P9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: T.J. Miller, star of 'The Emoji Movie', inadvertently made a splash on the eve of the 70th Cannes Film Festival on Tuesday (May 16).
He parasailed onto a boat in a promotional stunt, but a few seconds after, lost his footing and fell into the water.
'The Emoji Movie', set in the world of 'Textopolis', follows the story of an emoji voiced by Miller, who stars in the hit HBO tv series 'Silicon Valley'. He plays an exuberant emoji who struggles to be 'normal'.
The movie also features the voices of Hollywood actresses Anna Faris and Sofia Vergara from 'Modern Family', as well as British actor Patrick Stewart, who plays a poop emoji. Miller also works on the film with his wife Kate Miller, who also lends her voice to the film for the emoji "heart eyes".
Sony's 'The Emoji Movie' is not showing in Cannes, which is kicking off its 70th film festival on Wednesday (May 17). It is set to be released in the U.S. on July 28.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None