- Title: Injustice 2 brings DC Super-Heroes and Super-Villains to fight
- Date: 18th May 2017
- Summary: NETHERREALM CREATIVE DIRECTOR ED BOON BEING INTERVIEWED (SOUNDBITE) (English) CREATIVE DIRECTOR, ED BOON SAYING: "I mainly in charge of overseeing the overall creative direction of the game as far as all the different parts of the game. We have this elaborate story that we're telling that is like a cinematic experience. We have 29 characters that all have individual moves unique powers, and, you know, making them all distinct from each, we have environments, animations, audio, musical scores." ED BOON BEING INTERVIEWED ON SCREEN (SOUNDBITE) (English) CREATIVE DIRECTOR, ED BOON SAYING: "Super heroes, DC heroes and villains they are all about big scale epic over-the-top, it is way more epic than it is violent where 'Mortal Kombat' had its roots in fatalities and all that crazy stuff. This is more about these heroes and villains that have been portrayed in so many different ways over the years." ED BOON BEING INTERVIEWED (SOUNDBITE) (English) CREATIVE DIRECTOR, ED BOON SAYING: "Twenty-something years ago when we were making the first fighting game that we have ever worked on 'Mortal Komba't 1. There were only four people you know there was two artists, a sound guy and myself. And then as we made every single game the team got bigger and bigger bigger. And now it is just over 200 people working on the game. So it's almost like making a movie. We have a whole production. You know, we have cameramen we have actors we have, you know, musical scores animators, set builders and character modelers. It is a huge production." ED BOON BEING INTERVIEWED (SOUNDBITE) (English) CREATIVE DIRECTOR, ED BOON SAYING: "We started by videotaping people in front of blue screens and green screens and, you know, over the years we got into polygons and all of these different things, it just became a completely different process of making these games. I would have never guessed that it would be as evolved of a project as it is."
- Embargoed: 1st June 2017 19:44
- Keywords: Ed Boon London games Injustice 2 DC Comics
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Sport,Video Games
- Reuters ID: LVA0066HD57X5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:An event held in London on Tuesday (May 16) previews the new game Injustice 2 with a special tournament and cosplayers.
The new game continues the story of its 2013 predecessor Injustice: Gods Among Us, "beginning in a fractured universe where bonds are broken and every alliance is thrown into war", according to the press release.
With 29 playable characters, plus more available for download or through the deluxe and ultimate versions, the game brings both new and returning DC heroes and villains. Wonder Woman makes an appearance, as well as Batman and Superman. Among the new characters are Cheetah, Firestorm, Robin, Supergirl as well as a few more obscure ones from the DC universe.
The story of the new game shows "Batman and his allies working "towards putting the pieces of society back together, but struggle against those who would restore Superman's Regime", according to the game's press release.
Each of the many DC playable characters in Injustice 2 have their own style and combination of special moves.
New gear and abilities can be earned and a new Multiverse Mode offers players the chance to participate in different challenges to earn additional rewards.
Injustice 2 is released May 19th on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None