- Title: Israelis, Palestinians make last preparations for Trump's visit
- Date: 21st May 2017
- Summary: KFAR SABA, ISRAEL (MAY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) WOMAN SEWING U.S. FLAGS IN SAWING MACHINE, IN FLAGS FACTORY, AHEAD OF U.S. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP'S VISIT VARIOUS OF WORKER AT FLAGS FACTORY WITH OWNER, AVI MAROM (SOUNDBITE) (English) OWNER OF FLAGS FACTORY, AVI MAROM, SAYING: "I can say that something around 30 percent more orders than what we have from the last visit of President Obama. What we are really surprised is that a lot of civilians are ordering the American flags, people that are supporting Trump, people that are admiring Trump." MORE OF WORKER WITH U.S. FLAGS IN FLAGS FACTORY JERUSALEM (MAY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) CAMERA, TV CREWS AT OUTDOOR STUDIO SET BY ISRAELI CH. 2 TO BROADCAST TRUMP'S VISIT WORKER CHECKING SOUND WORKERS INSIDE CONTROL ROOM MORE OUTDOOR STUDIO MAN CARRYING EQUIPMENT EQUIPMENT CAMERAMAN SHOOTING OLD CITY OF JERUSALEM OUTDOOR STUDIO ONLOOKING OLD CITY OF JERUSALEM KING DAVID HOTEL, WHERE TRUMP WILL STAY A NIGHT VIEW OF OLD CITY OF JERUSALEM U.S., ISRAELI FLAGS HANGING SIGN READING 'KING DAVID' MORE OF HOTEL POLICE DOG SNIFFING VEHICLES IN STREET VARIOUS ISRAELI SECURITY MEN NEAR BUS STATION HELICOPTERS IN SKY VARIOUS OF HELICOPTERS AS SEEN ON A HUGE SCREEN IN POLICE CONTROL ROOM (SOUNDBITE) (English) ISRAELI POLICE SPOKESMAN MICKY ROSENFELD SAYING: "All together we have 10,000 police officers involved in security measures, including under cover security units, counter-terrirosm units, special patrol units, border police and undercover agents. Full security measures are being coordinated with American security in order to make sure that the visit is going according to plan." MORE OF POLICE CONTROL ROOM
- Embargoed: 4th June 2017 14:45
- Keywords: Palestinians Israel Middle East tour visit Donald Trump
- Location: JERUSALEM/ BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK/ BEN GURION AIRPORT AND KFAR SABA, ISRAEL
- City: JERUSALEM/ BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK/ BEN GURION AIRPORT AND KFAR SABA, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HS5HL3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israelis and Palestinians on Sunday (May 21) made last preparations ahead of the first visit by U.S. President Donald Trump to Israel and the Palestinian Territories.
While police deployed some 10,000 men and women across Jerusalem to secure the presidential visit starting on Monday (May 22), a flag factory owner in the Israeli city of Kfar Saba reported a hike in sales of American flags.
In the West Bank city of Bethlehem, where Trump will visit on Tuesday (May 23), police was deploying forces and city workers paved a new road along side Israeli separation barrier.
Under political fire at home, Trump sealed a $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia on Saturday (May 20) on his maiden foreign trip as he struggled to shift attention from the aftermath of his firing of the director of the FBI.
Trump's trip has been billed by the White House as a chance to visit places sacred to three of the world's major religions, while giving him time to meet with Arab, Israeli and European leaders.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None