- Title: Wives of G7 leaders tour Sicilian sites
- Date: 26th May 2017
- Summary: CATANIA, ITALY (MAY 26, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEDIA WAITING OUTSIDE CATANIA TOWN HALL AS CAR DRIVES UP JAPAN'S AKIE ABE EXITING CAR GROUP OF FIRST LADIES INCLUDING FRANCE'S BRIGITTE TROGNEUX U.S. FIRST LADY MELANIA TRUMP EXITING CAR MELANIA SHAKING HANDS WITH CATANIA MAYOR ENZO BIANCO AND MANUELA GENTILONI (WIFE OF ITALIAN PRIME MINISTER) MEDIA OUTSIDE TOWN HALL FIRST LADIES ENTERING TOWN HALL FIRST LADIES POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHER (FROM LEFT ITALY'S MANUELA GENTILONI, FRANCE'S BRIGITTE TROGNEUX, U.S.A.'S MELANIA TRUMP) MEDIA AND FIRST LADIES
- Embargoed: 9th June 2017 12:50
- Keywords: Enzo Bianco Manuela Gentiloni Brigitte Trogneux Sicily Akie Abe G7 Melania Trump Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Catania
- Location: CATANIA, ITALY
- City: CATANIA, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IH6N9J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: LIVE-U QUALITY
Five G7 first ladies took a tour of Sicily on Friday (May 26) on the sidelines of the summit in Taormina.
America's Melania Trump, Canada's Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, Japan's Akie Abe, Italy's Manuela Gentiloni and France's Brigitte Trogneux were treated to a helicopter ride to view Mount Etna, Europe's tallest and most active volcano which has seen significant activity this year.
They were also due to go on excursions to archaeological sites including the Greek Theatre and the Benedictine Monastery.
Later in the day, they will be attending a concert followed by a dinner hosted Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni.
Leaders from the world's major industrialised nations began talks on Friday which is expected to expose deep divisions with U.S. President Donald Trump over trade and climate change.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None