- Title: Keri Russell receives star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Date: 30th May 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (MAY 30, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF UNVEILING OF KERI RUSSELL'S STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME, WITH RUSSELL SEATED IN FRONT OF STAR ONLOOKERS WATCHING UNVEILING CAMERA CREWS CLAPPING FANS (SOUNDBITE) (English) J.J. ABRAMS, FILM DIRECTOR AND CO-CREATOR OF 'FELICITY,' SAYING: "But this is, getting attention like this despite being a member of the Screen Actors Guild, getting attention is not her strong suit. What she does so beautifully is become other people, and she does it in a way that most actors would only dream of being able to do. And I know it's true for the other people who are here today, who worked on "Felicity" including Scott Speedman, Amanda Foreman, Matt ('Felicity' co-creator Matt Reeves) and myself, we just were in a state of awe, really, of what Keri was capable of, and she wouldn't just make you cry when you would watch the show. You'd watch dailies and she'd make you cry. She was so honest and so beautifully real, and she is one of the sweetest people and one of the most wonderful friends, mothers, co-workers, that you could ever hope to know. So it is an honor for all of us who know and love Keri to support the 3,216th [sic] star in honor of our dear friend, Ms. Keri Russell." ABRAMS AND RUSSELL EMBRACE AT PODIUM CUTAWAY TO CROWD (SOUNDBITE) (English) KERI RUSSELL SAYING: "I guess I mostly want to say other than what an incredible honor this is, is you know when I was younger I think I was 7 or 8, one of the very first video cameras I ever saw that recorded picture, was a friend of my grandparents and he had this video camera and he sat all the kids down, my brother, and my sister and he wanted to do a little interview with all of us and he sat us down and said, 'state your name, and what you want to be when you grow up.' And he'd said to me, 'do you want to be an actress,' and re-watching the video years later I say 'no, I don't,' and I said 'I want to, what I want to do is travel all around the world and take pictures,' and I feel like that's what I get to do. In some way I get to travel the world and see these things I've never seen and meet incredible people and live this wild adventure that this career affords and I'm very thankful for it. So thank you so much." KERI RUSSELL POSING AT STAR WITH 'THE AMERICANS CO-STARS MATTHEW RHYS, HOLLY TAYLOR AND NOAH EMMERICH RUSSELL SEATED ON GROUND BEHIND STAR, POSING FOR PHOTOS KERI RUSSELL POSING WITH 'FELICITY' CO-STAR SCOTT SPEEDMAN RUSSELL SEATED ON GROUND BEHIND STAR RUSSELL WITH REAL LIFE BOYFRIEND AND 'THE AMERICANS' CO-STAR MATTHEW RHYS OVERVIEW OF KERI RUSSELL'S STAR
- Embargoed: 13th June 2017 23:08
- Keywords: Keri Russell star Hollywood Walk of Fame Felicity JJ Abrams Scott Speedman The Americans
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016J1811P
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actress Keri Russell, star of the 1998-2004 coming of age TV drama "Felicity" as well the still running period spy drama "The Americans" was honored with the 2,613th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Tuesday (May 30).
On hand for the star unveiling were J.J. Abrams, the co-creator of "Felicity," and the show's male lead, Scott Speedman; also there was Russell's real-life partner and co-star from "The Americans, Matthew Rhys. The two play KGB officer posing as U.S. citizens in the 1980s.
Russell first appeared on television on the "All-New Mickey Mouse Club'' on the Disney Channel in the early 90s, with castmates including Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.
Russell's film credits include "Waitress" and "Mission: Impossible III."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None