- Title: Cardiff prepares for Champions League final with security high on agenda
- Date: 2nd June 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MAN SELLING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MERCHANDISE VARIOUS OF MAN SELLING REAL MADRID AND JUVENTUS FLAGS REAL MADRID/JUVENTUS SCARF ON GROUND EXTERIOR OF NATIONAL STADIUM OF WALES LARGE BANNER OF BALE ON SIDE OF BUILDING WITH SIGN, READING: "WELCOMES YOU TO CARDIFF" VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF STADIUM WITH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BRANDING VARIOUS OF POLICE OUTSIDE STADIUM CLOSE OF OFFICER HOLDING WEAPON VARIOUS OF ARMED OFFICERS OUTSIDE STADIUM GROUP OF POLICE OFFICERS WALKING ALONG STREET EXTERIOR OF CARDIFF CENTRAL TRAIN STATION VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS OUTSIDE TRAIN STATION SIGN, READING (Welsh/English) "WELCOME TO CARDFIFF" EXTERIOR OF STADIUM JUVENTUS BANNER EXTERIOR OF STADIUM REAL MADRID BANNER EXTERIOR OF STADIUM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL BANNER
- Embargoed: 16th June 2017 16:28
- Keywords: CARDIFF REAL MADRID V JUVENTUS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
- Location: CARDIFF, WALES, UK
- City: CARDIFF, WALES, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036JL31OF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Central Cardiff is the place to be on Friday (June 2) if you're a Juventus or Real Madrid fan.
The city will host the Champions League final on Saturday (June 3) and Cardiff is preparing to welcome up to 170,000 extra people over the weekend.
Real Madrid arrived at their hotel just 10 minutes from the National Stadium of Wales with armed police on patrol. There are nearly 600 armed officers in the Welsh capital for the match with a further 6,000 unarmed police being deployed.
Juventus, who are looking to dethrone the reigning champions and win their first Champions League title for 20 years, are staying at a hotel outside of the city.
On Saturday, the match kicks off at 1845 GMT.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None