- Title: U.S. "not doing themselves a favour" leaving Paris climate pact -Gabriel
- Date: 2nd June 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF SOLDIERS, GABRIEL LAYING FLOWERS AT MONUMENT VARIOUS OF GABRIEL PAYING RESPECTS BAND ONLOOKERS GABRIEL WALKING AWAY
- Embargoed: 16th June 2017 16:41
- Keywords: Leningrad climate accord climate agreement Paris agreement
- Location: St PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
- City: St PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026JL6UDJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS SD MATERIAL
German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel told reporters on Friday (June 2) that leaving the Paris climate pact "won't do the US good in the end."
Speaking from St. Petersburg where he was attending the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, the minister said that if the US wants economic growth, saving on energy costs would be in its best interest.
He held out hope the United States might row back on President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement, and said, "(W)e have the hope that we can win back the US over time."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.