- Title: UK police rush to three attacks in central london, at least one dead
- Date: 3rd June 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (JUNE 3, 2017) (REUTERS) POLICE VEHICLES PARKED AND POLICE OFFICER STANDING AT MONUMENT STATION NORTH END OF LONDON BRIDGE ARMED POLICE OFFICER WALKING POLICE VEHICLES PARKED, ARMED POLICE WALKING AMBULANCE DRIVING PAST
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 00:20
- Keywords: Monument van security alert London Bridge
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JQ4XFR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British armed police rushed to three incidents in central London on Saturday (June 3) after a van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge and reports of multiple stabbings in the nearby Borough Market area.
Police sent out security advice to Londoners on Twitter saying "run, hide, tell" if they were caught in an attack. The BBC cited police as saying there had been more than one fatality.
The attacks come days ahead of a June 8 election and less than two weeks after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a pop concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks.
Police said they fired shots after reports of stabbings in the nearby Borough Market area, and that they were also responding to an incident in the Vauxhall area further west, but gave no immediate details.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None