- Title: Filmmaker Michael Moore launches 'TrumpiLeaks' website for whistleblowers
- Date: 6th June 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - JUNE 9, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MICHAEL MOORE AT PRESS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 20th June 2017 22:43
- Keywords: whistleblowers Donald Trump Michael Moore TrumpiLeaks
- Location: INTERNET / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / NEW YORK, NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: INTERNET / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / NEW YORK, NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026K56EKN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Documentary filmmaker and liberal activist Michael Moore launched a website called "TrumpiLeaks" on Tuesday (June 06) to allow whistleblowers to securely leak information to him about U.S. President Donald Trump and his administration.
Moore said that while no digital communication was 100 percent secure, he and his team had used the most secure technology possible to protect anonymity.
"TrumpiLeaks" was announced one day after the U.S. Department of Justice said that a 25-year-old U.S. intelligence contractor had been arrested and charged with leaking classified National Security Agency material related to Russian interference in the 2016 American presidential election to a news organization.
Trump has called for a crackdown on leaks to the media.
Moore, a longtime champion of liberal causes and outspoken critic of Trump, is working on a documentary about the 2016 presidential election. His other films include "Fahrenheit 9/11," which was a critical look at the presidency of George W. Bush and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None