- Title: France's Macron taps relative unknowns in government reshuffle
- Date: 21st June 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (RECENT - MAY 31, 2017) (REUTERS) OUTGOING FRENCH ARMED FORCES MINISTER, SYLVIE GOULARD, LEAVING ELYSEE
- Embargoed: 5th July 2017 19:01
- Keywords: Sylvie Goulard Florence Parly Defense Minister Justice Minister reshuffle Nicole Belloubet Paris Francois Bayrou French government Emmanuel Macron French President France
- Location: PARIS & PAU, FRANCE
- City: PARIS & PAU, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036M83IH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS WHITE FLASHES BETWEEN SOUNDBITES
French President Emmanuel Macron named a group of relative unknowns to senior government posts on Wednesday (June 21) in a reshuffle after allies from the centre-right MoDem party said they were resigning.
MoDem has become embroiled in a legal probe into claims that it misused EU parliamentary funds and its importance as an ally has subsided since Macron's party won a comfortable majority in a parliamentary election on Sunday.
Businesswoman Florence Parly, who worked in the past in a Socialist government and for major French transport companies, was named Defence Minister and law expert Nicole Belloubet was nominated justice minister.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None