- Title: Black Sabbath to play last ever gig
- Date: 4th February 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE) (REUTERS) OSBOURNE SIGNING ITEM FOR FAN
- Embargoed: 18th February 2017 18:31
- Keywords: Birmigham heavy metal rock music Black Sabbath Ozzy Osbourne
- Location: BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA003623TQVH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Black Sabbath -- the heavy metal band often credited with creating the genre -- are to perform their final ever concert this weekend in central England.
The End Farewell tour, featuring Ozzy Osbourne on vocals, Tony Iommi on guitar and Geezer Butler on bass, comes to an end on Saturday (February 4) at Birmigham's Genting Arena.
Speaking about the reasons for the decision, Osbourne said: "Well you know it's run its course really I mean, I spend most of my time in America now, and Tony you know, it just felt right you know, I mean it just felt right."
The iconic band's career now spans five decades, since their first performance in northern England in 1969.
"It's mind-blowing. I mean, when we did the first Black Sabbath album, I can remember thinking 'Ah it'll be alright for a couple of years'...it's been a blessing, I have had the best life out of it," Osbourne said.
Osbourne was fired from the band in 1979, leading to changing lineups for several years, with the only constant member being guitarist Iommi.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None