- Title: Japan's Madame Tussauds lets visitors dance with the stars
- Date: 26th April 2016
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) GENERAL MANAGER OF THE MADAME TUSSAUDS WAX MUSEUM, TOSHI ENDO, SAYING: "After its launch, if (the one in) Tokyo is successful, as in, the customer satisfaction is high, there is a good chance that we will spread this success to the rest of the world." CUSTOMERS WALKING IN FRONT OF STORE LADY GAGA'S WAX FIGURE
- Embargoed: 10th May 2016 10:49
- Keywords: stars hologram Japan people dance digital image famous Madame Tussauds
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0044F083MH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Madame Tussauds in Tokyo on Tuesday (April 26) unveiled holographic technology that will allow visitors to virtually dance with the stars.
It's the first branch in the world to use this technology.
During a media preview on Tuesday, a staff member demonstrated how her face is scanned to form a holographic image, which is then transposed to a digital character, which dances alongside images of celebrities like Leonardo Dicaprio, Lady Gaga and Marilyn Monroe.
The video lasts about 90 seconds.
"Dancing with your own celebrity is something that you can't do normally. I think you'd be quite surprised that it's quite fun," Madame Tussauds employee Chieko Kazama said after demonstrating how it works.
"After its launch, if (the one in) Tokyo is successful, as in, the customer satisfaction is high, there is a good chance that we will spread this success to the rest of the world," General Manager of Madame Tussauds Tokyo, Toshi Endo said.
Madame Tussauds is a museum that displays wax figures of celebrities and has over 23 museums around the world.
Its history dates back to 1761 in France, although its Tokyo branch opened only four years ago.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None