- Title: Team Spiderman excited ahead of release
- Date: 18th June 2017
- Summary: BARCELONA, SPAIN (JUNE 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS WATTS AND ZENDAYA SPEAKING TO PRESS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS, ZENDAYA SAYING: 'Of course, Michelle is a super interesting character, she's not like anything I have played before, very similar to me in some ways and very different, it was cool you know being able to collaborate with Jon (Watts) who had so many ideas about what he wanted the character to be and it was fun for me to just run with that.' VARIOUS ZENDAYA WAITING TO SPEAK TO PRESS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS, ZENDAYA SAYING: 'My outfit? Well I wanted to kind of be match I guess the vibe out here which I guess is very colourful and very exciting and also be weather appropriate because it's still kind of warm here so there's a lot of air ventilating through my back which is kind of nice so it's like trying to mix casual and realistic.'
- Embargoed: 2nd July 2017 22:31
- Keywords: Spider-Man: Homecoming Marvel Comics Spider-Man Tom Holland Michael Keaton Zendaya Robert Downey Jr
- Location: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- City: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0076LT2DZH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: With just a few weeks to go until the release of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 21-year-old actor Tom Holland, who is about to appear on the big screen in his first solo outing as the web-slinger has mixed emotions saying he's 'excited and nervous'.
Audiences got a taste of Holland as Spider-Man in 'Captain America: Civil War' but it's in the new film where fans will really get to see him in action.
'Spider-Man: Homecoming' shows Peter Parker (aka Spider-Man) trying to juggle his superhero duties with his school life. Luckily Tony Stark /Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. is on hand to help him.
Director Jon Watts, who has previously made 'Cop Car' and 'The Onion News Network', says 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' is the biggest thing he has done in his career, and can't wait for it to be released so that he can talk openly about it.
Asked about Holland, who made his name playing ballet dancer Billy Elliott in 'Billy Elliott the Musical' in London's west end, Watts said he gave a 'great performance' and was able to do so many of his own stunts 'we almost killed him by the end of the movie.'
Starring alongside Holland as Michelle, one of Peter Parker's classmates, is actress Zendaya. She was also a childhood star, appearing in Disney show 'Shake it Up' as well as 'K.C. Undercover'.
Making her theatre movie debut as Michelle the 20-year-old said it was 'cool being able to collaborate with Jon'. Known for her fashion sense as well as acting Zendaya explained her choice of outfit, saying she wanted to match 'the vibe out here' (in Spain) and wear something 'weather appropriate.'
She and the rest of the Spider-Man team were in Spain for Cine Europe 2017, an annual cinema convention.
'Spider-Man: Homecoming', is due to be released internationally from July 5, 2017.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None