- Title: Rock supergroup Dreamcar discuss their creation and No Doubt reunion
- Date: 11th May 2017
- Summary: WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 12, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) MUSICIAN TONY KANAL ON THE BEGINNING OF THE BAND COMING TOGETHER SAYING: "We didn't talk about it with anyone, we kept it just between ourselves because we didn't know what it was going to become and then it was very organic, it felt very natural and because no-one else knew about it, there was no expectations."
- Embargoed: 25th May 2017 22:36
- Keywords: AFI Davey Havok Tom Dumont Tony Kanal Kill For Candy album Dreamcar Gwen Stefani No Doubt Columbia Recrods Adrian Young
- Location: WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / FRANKFURT, GERMANY / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / FRANKFURT, GERMANY / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0046GEC4LP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The four members of new rock supergroup Dreamcar have been discussing how the band came about and a No Doubt reunion.
The band came together in the summer of 2014 when No Doubt's Tony Kanal [bass], Tom Dumont [guitar], and Adrian Young [drums] approached former AFI frontman, Davey Havok, to collaborate. They secretly started writing and demoing music together in a rehearsal space in downtown Los Angeles and, three years later, Dreamcar was revealed.
Their 80s-infused music, described as "a mixture of shimmering guitar tones, percussive slap bass, bombastic drums and neon-lit dance floor dreaminess," caught the attention of Columbia Records who are releasing the band's self-titled debut album on May 12, the morning after they perform their first single, Kill For Candy, on The Late Late Show with James Corden.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None