- Title: U.S. singer Beyonce gives birth to twins - celebrity news websites
- Date: 18th June 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - FEBRUARY 9, 2015) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** BEYONCE ON THE RED CARPET AT THE GRAMMY AWARDS LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - FEBRUARY 11, 2013) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) BEYONCE ON THE RED CARPET AT THE GRAMMY AWARDS
- Embargoed: 2nd July 2017 05:01
- Keywords: Beyonce Jay Z Blue Ivy Carter pregnant baby new born parent
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITES STATES / INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITES STATES / INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016LTQ0XZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. singer Beyonce has given birth to twins in Los Angeles, several celebrity news websites reported on Saturday, citing unidentified sources.
Beyonce, 35, and rapper and music producer Jay Z, already have a five-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy.
E! News, citing multiple unidentified sources, reported the birth and that Jay Z and Blue Ivy were seen at a Los Angeles area hospital on Thursday.
Us Weekly, also citing multiple unidentified sources, reported that the couple welcomed twins earlier this week.
"Bey and Jay are thrilled and have started sharing the news with their family and closest friends," one unidentified source told PEOPLE.
Reuters could not verify the reports. A representative for Beyonce did not respond immediately to a request for comment.
The celebrity news websites did not provide additional details, such as the date and time the twins were born or the sex of the infants.
The "Lemonade" singer, one of the most powerful women in the music business, announced the pregnancy on her Instagram account in February along with an image of her posed in lingerie and caressing a noticeable baby bump.
The announcement got more than 8 million "likes" in the first 24 hours to become the "most-liked" Instagram ever.
The R&B singer performed live at the Grammy awards in Los Angeles two weeks later, proudly displaying her swelling belly in a motherhood-themed show. She has since posted numerous pictures of her bare baby bump on her social media accounts.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None