- Title: Taylor Swift honored with "Taylor Swift Award"
- Date: 11th May 2016
- Summary: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (MAY 10, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** TAYLOR SWIFT ARRIVES AT THE BMI POP AWARDS 2016 TAYLOR SWIFT POSING ON THE RED CARPET AT THE BMI POP AWARDS 2016
- Embargoed: 25th May 2016 20:17
- Keywords: BFI Taylor Swift Award Taylor Swift / BMI Pop Awards 2016
- Location: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0014HD8KST
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Taylor Swift was honored Tuesday night (May 09) in Beverly Hills, where the pop/country princess was received the first ever "Taylor Swift Award" at the BMI Pop Awards 2016.
The organization, which recognizes songwriters and publishers, said the special award bearing her name is in recognition of Swift's creative and artistic talent.
"Thank you so much to BMI for giving me the Taylor Swift Award," laughed Swift. 'I'm really super relieved that BMI decided to give me the Taylor Swift Award. If they decided to give the Taylor Swift Award to someone else I would be kind of bummed about it."
It is only the second time in BMI's 76-year history that the company has presented an award in someone's name. The first was to Michael Jackson in 1990.
Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), a global leader in music rights management, celebrated the songwriters and publishers behind the year's most-performed pop songs at the 64th Annual BMI Pop Awards.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None