- Title: Israeli forces raid home of Palestinian attacker, arrest brother
- Date: 22nd July 2017
- Summary: HALAMISH SETTLEMENT, WEST BANK (JULY 22, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ARMY VEHICLES DRIVING INTO SETTLEMENT SIGN READING "WELCOME TO NEVE TZUF" (ALSO KNOWN AS HALAMISH) ARMY VEHICLES DRIVING IN AND OUT OF SETTLEMENT
- Embargoed: 5th August 2017 10:45
- Keywords: Israeli army raid Palestinian attack west bank settlement Palestinian stabs to death three settlers Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Location: HALAMISH SETTLEMENT AND KUBAR VILLAGE, WEST BANK
- City: HALAMISH SETTLEMENT AND KUBAR VILLAGE, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0046QSS85J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israeli security forces on Saturday (July 22) raided the home of the Palestinian attacker who stabbed to death three Israelis and restricted movement for Palestinians from his West Bank village, the military said.
Six people died on Friday (July 21) in the bloodiest spate of Israeli-Palestinian violence for years.
Three Israelis were stabbed to death in a Jewish settlement in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, hours after three Palestinians were killed in violence prompted by Israel's installation of metal detectors at entry points to the Noble Sanctuary-Temple Mount compound in Jerusalem's walled Old City.
Palestinian worshippers had clashed with Israeli security forces before Friday's attack.
Tensions had mounted for days as Palestinians hurled rocks and Israeli police used stun grenades after the detectors were placed outside the sacred venue following the killing of two Israeli policemen at the site, known to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary and to Jews as Temple Mount.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None