- Title: Tokyo marks three years unitl 2020 Olympics opening
- Date: 24th July 2017
- Summary: BRASS BAND PLAYING MUSIC PARTICIPANTS LISTENING VARIOUS OF PROJECTION MAPPING ON TOKYO METROPOLITAN ASSEMBLY BUILDING
- Embargoed: 7th August 2017 15:06
- Keywords: Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics Yuriko Koike Toshiro Muto event countdown
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036R2SXTR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Tokyo government and 2020 Olympics organising committee marked three years until the 2020 Summer Games on Monday (July 24) in an event featuring projection mapping and a brass band performance.
The hour-long event was joined by Tokyo governor Yuriko Koike, Japan's Olympic Minister Tamayo Marukawa and hundreds of participants, who packed the Citizen's Plaza near Tokyo's city hall. Similar countdown events were also held across Japan, including Hokkaido, Fukushima, Saitama, Chiba and Shizuoka, organisers said.
During the event in Tokyo, organisers set off the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic flags on its cross-Japan tour. A projection mapping on the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly building showcased Japan's traditional and innovative cultures.
Tokyo won the right to host the Olympics four years ago, beating rival bids from Istanbul and Madrid. The Tokyo Games, the second Summer Olympics to be held in Japan, will kick off on July 24, 2020.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.