- Title: Justin Bieber cancels remainder of 'Purpose' tour without explanation
- Date: 24th July 2017
- Summary: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (FILE) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) SPLIT SCREEN OF JUDGE AND JUSTIN BIEBER IN ORANGE JAIL JUMPSUIT
- Embargoed: 7th August 2017 23:08
- Keywords: Justin Bieber tour concert canceled Purpose
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA AND NEW YORK, NEW YORK AND MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES/INTERNET/ CANNES, FRANCE/ SHANGHAI, CHINA/LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA AND NEW YORK, NEW YORK AND MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES/INTERNET/ CANNES, FRANCE/ SHANGHAI, CHINA/LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0086R2W8CT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pop singer Justin Bieber canceled the remainder of his "Purpose" world tour due to unspecified "unforeseen circumstances," his tour publicist said in a statement on Monday (July 24).
The cancellation will affect 14 dates in North America and Asia through Oct. 10, and tickets will be refunded.
The singer was photographed at the weekend out hiking near Los Angeles with a young woman, and appeared to be in good shape.
The Canadian singer kicked off the tour in support of his "Purpose" album in March 2016 and has performed more than 150 shows across Europe, Africa, South America, Australia and parts of Asia.
The cancellation comes a few days after the singer was banned from performing in China due to bad behavior, Beijing's Municipal Bureau of Culture said.
The state office added that the singer needed to improve his conduct to become a singer "truly loved" by the public, without specifying what behavior had caused offense.
Bieber has had run-ins with the law in several countries and has become notorious for a string of indiscretions and scandals in recent years.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None