- Title: Jordan's king urges Israel to put guard on trial for killing Jordanians
- Date: 27th July 2017
- Summary: AMMAN, JORDAN (JULY 27, 2017) (VIDEO OBTAINED BY REUTERS) KING ABDULLAH ARRIVING AND GREETING FATHER OF DEAD TEENAGER ZAKRIA JAWAWDAH / SHAKING HANDS WITH MOURNERS VARIOUS OF KING ABDULLAH TALKING TO ZAKRIA JAWAWDAH VARIOUS OF KING ABDULLAH LEAVING / SURROUNDED BY CHEERING CROWD
- Embargoed: 10th August 2017 23:56
- Keywords: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Jordan's King Abdullah Zakria Jawawdah Amman Jordan
- Location: AMMAN, JORDAN
- City: AMMAN, JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0026RHVHON
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS CONVERTED 4:3 MATERIAL
Jordan's King Abdullah on Thursday (July 27) called on Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to put an Israeli security guard on trial after he shot dead two Jordanians, adding that relations between the neighbouring states were at risk.
King Abdullah visited the father of one of the victims, Zakria Jawawdah, on Thursday. His son Mohammad Jawawdah was killed in the incident.
The guard shot dead the Jordanian teenager at Israel's embassy in Amman on Sunday (July 23) as well as the landlord of the house in the compound where the guard lived.
Israel said the guard had been defending himself after Jawawdah attacked him with a screwdriver in what it described as a "terrorist attack".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None