- Title: Liverpool impress with 3-0 win at Bayern Munich
- Date: 1st August 2017
- Summary: MUNICH, GERMANY (AUGUST 1, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF LIVERPOOL COACH JUERGEN KLOPP ENTERING NEWS CONFERENCE LIVERPOOL FC SIGN (SOUNDBITE) (German) LIVERPOOL COACH, JUERGEN KLOPP, SAYING: "In the first half, we didnÂ´t play enough football and that is why Bayern had the ball most of the time. We scored twice and we gave the ball to Bayern, so we had to run too much, At the beginning of the second half my team showed their quality and 'if you can, you should'. That is what we were better at in the second half and scored the third goal and a disallowed goal as well. It was ok that it didn't count but it was a nice performance. When it comes to attacking, we did well in the second half, we were very dangerous in counter-attack, we pressed a lot, which was also ok, because in the last days we prepared a lot for this. Sometimes our strategy on the pitch was not that good because Ribery had the ball too much and some of the players had the ball too little." VARIOUS OF KLOPP AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (German) LIVERPOOL COACH, JUERGEN KLOPP, SAYING: "We were too dependent on Sadio Mane, and we needed to be faster. We had a lot of technique. We have smart players, very creative players, but not all players are the same, there are also young ones and that is why we wanted him and we got him (Salah)." VARIOUS OF JOURNALISTS (SOUNDBITE) (German) LIVERPOOL COACH, JUERGEN KLOPP, SAYING: "I can totally understand that. Philippe Coutinho is expected to be a good player and he wonâ€™t leave." KLOPP LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE BAYERN MUNICH SIGN BAYERN MUNICH COACH CARLO ANCELOTTI ENTERING NEWS CONFERENCE AND SITTING DOWN CAMERAS (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, SAYING: "Of course, we are worried because also this game is an alarm that we are not... We knew that we are not in the best condition now, this is normal. We came back from China, that is two days. I think that the condition will be better, surely better on Saturday. But also, I think we have to change the attitude, the spirit. We knew that Liverpool played very well in counter-attack and the game...we didnÂ´t balance. We conceded goals in counter-attack that usually with a good balance we can avoid." VARIOUS OF ANCELOTTI AT NEWS CONFERENCE BAYERN MUNICH FANS (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, SAYING: "Lewandowski had difficulties as had all the team. We didnÂ´t play well, offensively and defensively so for this reason we didnÂ´t have a lot of opportunities to score goals." ANCELOTTI AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, SAYING: "Liverpool is in better condition because they had to play the preliminary of the Champions League. They had the precision, I think they are in a good condition in this moment and ... Our goal is to be in the best condition on August 18. Of course, we have to play an important game on Saturday but sometimes you are not in the physical condition and you have to use more attitude, more spirit, what we didn't do tonight." PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, SAYING: "Sorry? I am really happy with my players." ANCELOTTI LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 15th August 2017 23:18
- Keywords: Bayern Munich Liverpool Audi Cup Germany football soccer
- Location: MUNICH, GERMANY
- City: MUNICH, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SBTVLR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Liverpool kept their unbeaten pre-season record with a 3-0 win over Bayern Munich in the Audi Cup on Tuesday (August 1) and will face Atletico in the final on Wednesday.
Midfielders Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah scored Liverpool's first two goals and forward Daniel Sturridge added a third late on.
Klopp, the former Borussia Dortmund manager, was not entirely happy with his side's performance but was gratified by the win while Ancelotti, whose side play the German Super Cup this weekend, said his players had underperformed in both attack and defence.
Livepool next face Atletico, who beat Napoli 2-1 earlier on Tuesday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None