- Title: Hezbollah fighters patrol mountainous front-line on Lebanon-Syria border
- Date: 3rd August 2017
- Summary: KARRA, NEAR JUROUD FLITA, SYRIA (AUGUST 02, 2017) (REUTERS) VIEW OF THE VALLEY FROM THE MILITARY LOOKOUT POINT BARREL OF RIFLE POINTING TOWARDS VALLEY FIGHTER HOLDING GUN POINTED OVER MAKESHIFT WALL, NEXT TO SYRIAN FLAG FIGHTER STANDING ON BACK OF TRUCK MEN SITTING ON TANK ON MOUNTAINSIDE TANK GUN POINTING TOWARDS VALLEY VARIOUS OF FIGHTERS SITTING IN TRUCKS WITH ARTILLERY GUNS MAN ON JEEP NEXT TO GUN POINTING INTO VALLEY BARREL OF GUN POINTING TOWARDS VALLEY MAN STANDING NEXT TO TRUCK MOUNTED WITH ARTILLERY WEAPON GUN POINTING TO VALLEY HEZBOLLAH FLAG MAN POINTING GUN INTO VALLEY HEZBOLLAH FLAG FLYING NEXT TO GUN BARREL OF GUN POINTING INTO VALLEY TRUCK WITH ARTILLERY WEAPON MOUNTED ON BACK
- Embargoed: 17th August 2017 18:12
- Keywords: Lebanon Hezbollah Syria Karra military patrol Jaroud Arsal militants Syrian army
- Location: KARRA, NEAR JUROUD FLITA, SYRIA
- City: KARRA, NEAR JUROUD FLITA, SYRIA
- Country: Lebanon
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SLRD53
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hezbollah fighters patrolled the mountainous region of Karra, near Juroud Flita on the Lebanese-Syria border on Wednesday (August 2) where the group, together with the Syrian army, are making gains against militants.
The mountains overlook the Arsal district on the border where about 7,000 Syrians, including Nusra militants and refugees, were given safe passage as part of a ceasefire deal that also involves the handover of captured Hezbollah fighters.
The ceasefire took effect last week in the area, where Lebanon's Hezbollah has launched an offensive with the Syrian army to drive Nusra Front and other Sunni militants from their last foothold in the border area.
Hezbollah has played a major role in fighting militants in the border region during Syria's six-year-old civil war.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None