- Title: Sleeping in a dog cage, Pattinson pares down for 'Good Time' thriller
- Date: 7th August 2017
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (FILE - MAY 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF CAST OF "GOOD TIME" POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS ON THE RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 21st August 2017 23:40
- Keywords: Robert Pattinson "Good Time" movie thriller New York dog cage set
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTFIED FILM LOCATIONS / CANNES, FRANCE
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTFIED FILM LOCATIONS / CANNES, FRANCE
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0076T5X0ZX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Normally accustomed to luxury trailers and gourmet food, actor Robert Pattinson was reduced to sleeping in a dog cage on the set of his latest movie "Good Time," a fast-paced nocturnal crime thriller set in New York City.
"We were setting up lights and I was like 'where's Rob?' I look over and there is a dog cage, a huge dog cage, and (Pattinson) is in there sleeping," the film's co-director Josh Safdie said in an interview.
"The dog was pissed," an amused Pattinson added.
The British actor, best known for playing vampire Edward Cullen in the "Twilight" young adult romance film franchise, portrays a psychopath named Connie, who is obsessed with breaking his developmentally challenged brother out of prison after a botched robbery attempt.
"Good Time," out in U.S. theaters on Friday, was shot mostly with handheld cameras on the streets of the New York City borough of Queens, which follow Connie on an all-night odyssey filled with misadventure.
The fast-paced shoot led Pattinson to take a nap in a dog cage that was part of the film's gritty set.
"Just shooting at the pace we were shooting at, you're kind of always 'on'," Pattinson said. "We didn't even have trailers."
The actor's sacrifices for the low-budget independent film may have paid off, at least with critics who have praised his performance in his post-"Twilight" career.
The movie received a 100 percent rating with top critics on movie aggregator RottenTomatoes.com.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.