- Title: Firefighters tackle small fire on London Underground train
- Date: 11th August 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (AUGUST 11, 2017) (REUTERS) OXFORD CIRCUS STATION FIREFIGHTERS AND LONDON UNDERGROUND OFFICIALS OUTSIDE STATION ENTRANCE TO STATION (SOUNDBITE) (English) FIRE STATION COMMANDER, SAM KAZMANLI, SAYING: "We were called to a smoke issue on a platform level. We arrived here and when we went downstairs to platform level, we found there was some there. It was coming from one of the trains. There was a small electrical fire within the train carriage. It was all under control very quickly and the train has now moved on. We're about to reopen the station very, very soon." FIREFIGHTERS EMERGING FROM TRAIN STATION TRANSPORT OFFICIALS OUTSIDE OXFORD CIRCUS STATION PEDESTRIANS WALKING DOWN REGENT STREET STREET SIGN OF OXFORD STREET
- Embargoed: 25th August 2017 13:48
- Keywords: transport electrical fault firefighters Oxford Circus evacuation fire London underground tube station Oxford Street
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Fires
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TPQ4W7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:British firefighters said they had extinguished a small fire on an underground train at Oxford Circus station in the centre of London's main shopping district on Friday (August 11), saying it had been caused by an electrical fault under the train.
Four people were treated for smoke inhalation as a result of the fire, London Fire Brigade said in a statement.
Fire station commander Sam Kazmanli, who was part of the team who dealt with the incident, said the affected train was moved to a depot.
The station reopened following a brief closure.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None