- Title: Cheetos-themed restaurant opens for three days in NYC
- Date: 16th August 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 15, 2017) (REUTERS) ZOOM OUT FROM FRAMED PORTRAIT OF CHESTER CHEETAH, MASCOT FOR FRITO-LAY'S CHEETOS BRAND SNACKS, TO FOOD ITEMS AT THE SPOTTED CHEETAH POP-UP RESTAURANT FOOD ITEMS ON MENU ON BAR OF THE SPOTTED CHEETAH ZOOM OUT FROM CHEETOS BAG TO COOKS IN KITCHEN PREPARING FOOD COOK PUTTING CHEETOS ON DISH ZOOM OUT TO COOK PREPPING FOOD CLOSE UP OF CRUSHED UP CHEETOS AND CHEETOS BAG (SOUNDBITE) (English) SENIOR DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AT DORITOS & CHEETOS BRANDS, RYAN MATIYOW, SAYING: "The Spotted Cheetah is our pop-up restaurant by Cheetos where we've partnered with Chef Anne Burrell to bring a culinary experience to life that has Cheetos at the heart of every single dish. We were inspired by Cheetos fans everywhere that we saw posting recipes and pictures online using Cheetos in a variety of different ways as well as seeing restaurants across the country pop up with menu items that included Cheetos. We thought, what a great idea it would be to bring a dining experience that had Cheetos at the heart of everything to life here in New York for three days." VARIOUS OF COOK PREPARING DISH (2 SHOTS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) SENIOR DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AT DORITOS & CHEETOS BRANDS, RYAN MATIYOW, SAYING: "So we partnered with Chef Anne Burrell because she's got a really fun, playful and pumped up personality that fits really well with the Cheetos brand and she's a big fan of Cheetos." VARIOUS OF CELEBRITY CHEF ANNE BURRELL LINING UP DISHES (2 SHOTS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) CELEBRITY CHEF, ANNE BURRELL, SAYING: "When I was first tapped to do this and to write a whole menu, including dessert, around Cheetos I was like, 'Oooh, that's going to be pretty challenging.' But I had no idea all of the flavors of Cheetos that are available. So then when the first of many, many, many boxes of Cheetos started arriving at my restaurant I was like, 'Oh, wow.' And then my brain started percolating with ideas. And then after that it was pretty easy." BURRELL POSING FOR STILL PHOTOS AT BAR (SOUNDBITE) (English) CELEBRITY CHEF, ANNE BURRELL, SAYING: "I mean, Cheetos meatballs, hello. I mean clearly, I had to do, I had to do, a grilled cheese and tomato soup. The Cheetos nachos I have to say if you're going to go for it, like, really go for it. The Cheetos nachos are pretty good too. But I mean, Cheetos make everyone happy. So many people have given such a positive response to this whole thing, far more than I ever anticipated so the process of writing the menu, testing the menu, eating the menu, retesting it and now seeing it come to fruition has been such a blast." VARIOUS OF FOOD ITEMS ON MENU (9 SHOTS) ZOOM OUT FROM FRAMED CHEETOS ART CLOSE UP OF CHEETOS IN A BOWL VARIOUS OF CHESTER CHEETAH STATUE ON TOP OF "THE SPOTTED CHEETAH" SIGNAGE (2 SHOTS) ZOOM OUT FROM FRAMED PORTRAIT OF CHESTER CHEETAH TO WIDE OF RESTAURANT VARIOUS OF MENU (2 SHOTS) EXTERIOR OF THE SPOTTED CHEETAH POP-UP RESTAURANT
- Embargoed: 30th August 2017 16:11
- Keywords: Cheetos pop up restaurant Cheetos-themed restaurant the Spotted Cheetah chester the cheetah Anne Burrell
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0016UEM6HL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Chester Cheetah goes classy for three days as a Cheetos-themed restaurant, The Spotted Cheetah, comes to life in New York on Tuesday (August 15).
Celebrity chef Anne Burrell was tapped to create her 11-item menu, including dessert. When asked what some of her favorites were?
"I mean, Cheetos meatballs, hello. I mean clearly, I had to do, I had to do, a grilled cheese and tomato soup," she said. "The Cheetos nachos I have to say if you're going to go for it, like, really go for it. The Cheetos nachos are pretty good too. But I mean, Cheetos make everyone happy."
Ryan Matiyow, senior director of marketing at Doritos & Cheetos brands, said the pop-up was fully booked in less than six hours for all of its three days.
Fans will be able to chow down on items such as Cheetos Grilled Cheese + Tomato Soup, Purrfectly Fried Green Tomatoes, Flamin' Hot and White Cheddar Mac N' Cheetos, Spicy Cheetos Nachos and desserts like Cheetos Sweetos Crusted Cheesecake, Cheetos Sweetos Sweet and Salty Cookies and White Cheddar Cheetos and Cheetos Sweetos Apple Crepes.
The Spotted Cheetah will be open through Thursday (August 17).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None