- Title: Gamescom opens with focus on social interaction
- Date: 22nd August 2017
- Summary: COLOGNE, GERMANY (AUGUST 22, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF GAMESCOM VIDEO TRADE FAIR GAMESCOM FLAGS IN FRONT OF BUILDING PEOPLE WALKING ON TRADE FAIR BOULEVARD (SOUNDBITE) (German)GAMES INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (BIU) DIRECTOR FELIX FALK, SAYING: "This year we will experience the largest and multifaceted Gamescom we ever had. The Gamescom's theme is: "Just play together" and we are looking at many games and innovations, which focus on social play with friends and family." VARIOUS OF MICROSOFT XBOX ONE X STAND VARIOUS OF GAMESCOM VISITORS PLAYING XBOX ONE X (SOUNDBITE) (German) XBOX CATEGORY MANAGER FLORIAN LIEWER, SAYING: "The XBox One X is 40 percent more powerful than other games consoles on the market. What is special about this is that one is able to play native 4K with 16 images per second. We have already confirmed 100 games, which are going to run better on XBox One X, including blockbusters like Fifa 18, Star Wars Battlefront II and also Wolfenstein." VARIOUS OF XBOX ONE X
- Embargoed: 5th September 2017 17:11
- Keywords: Gamescom video games trade fair trends
- Location: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- City: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Video Games
- Reuters ID: LVA0016V8NM8P
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: If it's about what is bigger and better in the digital gaming world then Gamescom is the place to be. The Cologne video and digital gaming fair opened its doors to German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Tuesday (August 22) a day before the ninth Gamescom opens to the public.
Play is this year's theme with over 900 exhibitors gathered in various halls spread over 201,000 metre squared.
Visitors will be allowed to test the latest technologies and most up-to-date consoles as well as meeting other gamers.
Sony is present with a pair of glasses for virtual gaming on Playstation 4. Games like Resident Evil 7, Gran Tourismo Sport or the shooting game Bravo Team all transport the player into a virtual world.
Developer Ubisoft have brought a new version of Assassins Creed which will hit the shelves at the end of October.
Game Mario Rabbids is also here along with Far Cry 5, whose fans will have to wait for until February 2018.
Another new shower is the games console X Box One X that has only been available in Germany for a few months. It is faster, better and has an improved 4K quality.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None