- Title: People in Washington, D.C. test their luck with $700-million Powerball
- Date: 23rd August 2017
- Summary: CLOSE-UP OF CASHIER WITH COMPUTER MONITOR
- Embargoed: 6th September 2017 20:56
- Keywords: Washington D.C. Powerball lottery jackpot $700-million tickets customers lottery
- Location: WASHINGTON, DC, UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, DC, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Living / Lifestyle,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0046VDQB7R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Customers line-up to buy what they hope are winning Powerball tickets at Tenley Market in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday (August 23), as the $700-million jackpot approaches.
The odds against wining are astronomical, but millions of Americans will be hoping for some life-altering luck on Wednesday night when winning numbers are drawn for the second-highest jackpot in the history of the Powerball lottery.
A winning ticket could bring the holder an estimated $700 million windfall, a prize topped only by a January 2016 $1.56 billion Powerball jackpot, the world's largest lottery reward ever.
This past weekend, there were no winning tickets for a prize that was then $535 million, even though 113.6 million Powerball chances were sold.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.