- Title: Trump to nominate Richard Grenell to be ambassador to Germany
- Date: 2nd September 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - AUGUST 2, 2002) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) US MISSION TO THE UNITED NATIONS BUILDING ENTRANCE OF UNITED NATIONS BUILDING RICHARD GRENELL, THEN SPOKESMAN FOR THE U.S. AMBASSADOR SPEAKING TO JOURNALIST
- Embargoed: 16th September 2017 16:33
- Keywords: Germany nominate former U.N. spokesman POTUS diplomat
- Location: UNITED NATIONS / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: UNITED NATIONS / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016WWKPXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: President Donald Trump intends to nominate former U.N. spokesman Richard Grenell to be U.S. ambassador to Germany, the White House said on Saturday (September 2).
Grenell served as U.S. spokesman at the United Nations from 2001 to 2008, during the administration of Republican President George W. Bush. Currently, Grenell is a contributor to Fox News.
His nomination as envoy to NATO ally Germany must be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None