- Title: Prince Harry, British public react to news of new royal baby
- Date: 4th September 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 4, 2017) (REUTERS) TRIBUTES TO DIANA AT PALACE GATES AND KENSINGTON PALACE WINDOWS OF KENSINGTON PALACE (SOUNDBITE) (English) CANADIAN TOURIST, JAMIE STEWART, SAYING: "We're just very excited. It is news. It is a continuation of the monarchy. It allows us to carry on with the history, which is part of what we grew up with, part of our nation and part of the nation of Great Britain. Long live the Commonwealth." (SOUNDBITE) (English) CANADIAN TOURIST, JANICE STEWART, SAYING: "I'm excited for them. Itâ€™s always exciting for parents to have a new baby." (SOUNDBITE) (English) BRITON, KATHY, SAYING: "I love it. It is something to look forward to. I was excited when Diana was having her babies. I couldn't wait to hear what she was having and now Kate and William, fantastic, lovely." EXTERIOR OF KENSINGTON PALACE VARIOUS OF PEOPLE OUTSIDE PALACE LOOKING AT DIANA TRIBUTES UNION JACK FLAG IN FRONT OF PALACE (SOUNDBITE) (English) GERMAN TOURIST, SANDRA ROPPES, SAYING: "I love William and Harry and this morning my husband writes, 'have you heard the good news from William and Kate - a third child?' We were very happy also in Germany." VARIOUS OF DIANA TRIBUTES OUTSIDE PALACE (SOUNDBITE) (English) BRITON, LOUISE HOLM, SAYING: "We love the royal family, we absolutely do. I think lots of children are absolutely wonderful and I think it will be absolutely fantastic for them to have another younger sibling." TRIBUTES OUTSIDE KENSINGTON PALACE PHOTO OF DIANA ON GATE
- Embargoed: 18th September 2017 14:30
- Keywords: Royals Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Kate pregnancy morning sickness third child throne monarchy
- Location: LONDON AND MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / HAMBURG, GERMANY / VICTORIA, CANADA / FRENCH ALPS, FRANCE
- City: LONDON AND MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / HAMBURG, GERMANY / VICTORIA, CANADA / FRENCH ALPS, FRANCE
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA0026X6KMDJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's Prince Harry gave a thumbs up on Monday (September 4, 2017) as he reacted to the news that his brother, Prince William and wife Kate are expecting their third child.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge released the news via their office at Kensington Palace but did not say when the baby was due. The child will be fifth in line to the British throne, after grandfather Prince Charles, father William and elder siblings George, 4, and Charlotte, 2.
Harry, who was in Manchester and visiting a project by Walking With The Wounded charity to house injured ex-service, gave a smile and a thumbs up when asked about the royal announcement.
Britain's monarchy has ridden a wave of public support in recent years due to the emergence of the younger royals, William, Kate and William's brother Harry. Well-wishers gathered outside Kensington Palace on Monday expressed excitement over the news.
Kate and William married in a lavish ceremony in 2011 watched by about two billion people around the world. Two years later the international camera crews and photographers camped outside a London hospital to record the birth of George, and returned two years later for his sister Charlotte.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None