- Title: Tropical Storm Katia forms of Mexican Gulf coast, expected to gain strength
- Date: 6th September 2017
- Summary: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (SEPTEMBER 6, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) DIRECTOR OF MEXICO'S NATIONAL WATER COMMISSION ROBERTO RAMIREZ SAYING: "Given how close it is (to our coast), we expect that by Friday night, its centre could impact the state of Veracruz with a very high possibility of rains."
- Embargoed: 20th September 2017 19:38
- Keywords: Mexico Gulf of Mexico Tropical Storm Katia danger weather
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Wind/Hurricane/Typhoons/Tornadoes
- Reuters ID: LVA0046XGMMO7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tropical Storm Katia is expected to gain in strength and intensify into a hurricane in a couple of days before it approaches the coast of Veracruz, Mexico, Mexico's National Water Commission said on Wednesday (September 6).
Katia is about 175 miles (280 km.) north of Veracruz and packing maximum sustained winds of 45 mph (75 km/h).
Experts described the movements of Katia as 'unusual' considering that the storm is moving in a southwardly direction.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None