- Title: Nissan unveils revamped version of its Leaf electric vehicle
- Date: 6th September 2017
- Summary: CHIBA, JAPAN (SEPTEMBER 6, 2017) (REUTERS) NISSAN LEAF PRESENTED ON STAGE TWO NISSAN LEAFS ON STAGE DISPLAYING INTER-VEHICULAR DISTANCING FEATURES NISSAN LEAF DISPLAYING PROPILOT PARKING FEATURE NISSAN LEAF DRIVING THROUGH PROJECT MAPPED ROAD
- Embargoed: 20th September 2017 05:05
- Keywords: Nissan Motor Co Ltd. Electric vehicle Leaf all-battery car EV
- Location: CHIBA, JAPAN
- City: CHIBA, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0016XGJN7P
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS NOTE: AUDIO AS INCOMING
Nissan Motor Co Ltd launched a revamped version of its Leaf electric vehicle (EV) on Wednesday (September 6), going head-to-head with Tesla Inc's Model 3 and beating off criticism that a limited driving range will dull its mass-market appeal.
The new Leaf, on sale in Japan from Oct. 2 and elsewhere early next year, has a range of about 150 miles (241 kilometres) on a single charge according to U.S. environmental regulator estimates, up from its predecessor's 107 miles thanks to a bigger, 40 kilowatt hour battery.
Nissan is targetting annual global sales of more than 90,000 units for its new Leaf electric vehicle, the company said.
Nissan was one of the first automakers to market an EV to the masses when it launched the first Leaf in 2010, helping the Leaf become the world's biggest-selling, all-battery car.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.