- Title: "Ties" between explosives laboratory and abroad, French Interior minister says
- Date: 7th September 2017
- Summary: VILLEJUIF NEAR PARIS, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 6, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF POLICE WITH BALACLAVAS
- Embargoed: 21st September 2017 12:41
- Keywords: explosives laboratory custody police interior minister
- Location: PARIS AND VILLEJUIF, FRANCE
- City: PARIS AND VILLEJUIF, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0036XLLQVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said on Thursday (September 7) there are probable "ties" between an explosives laboratory discovered near Paris on Wednesday and abroad.
Interviewed on French radio Franceinfo, Collomb said two people placed under formal investigation were denying terrorism charges.
"Those under investigation spoke of wanting wanted to blow up a bank with this (explosive) TATP but the way we see it is they have links to terrorism and it is rather in that direction that we need to look into," Collomb also said during the interview.
Products used to produce TATP, an explosive often used by suicide bombers, were found at a flat in Villejuif on the southern rim of the French capital on Wednesday (September 6) after a plumber contacted police to report suspect activity there.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None